IMPACT WINTER V2.0
TIME FOR AN UPDATE…
Hi everyone, it’s been a long time.
As some of you already know, we’ve been busy – heads-down – continuing our work on Impact Winter. There’s been a LOT of fixing and tweaking going-on over the last few months and that makes this a good opportunity to update you all on V2.0… the game’s latest update.
THE STORY SO FAR…
Firstly, a quick recap on the main fixes we’ve implemented since launch.
- Complete overhaul of keyboard controls, including the addition of mouse/cursor support
- Major improvements to load times
- Various adjustments to stats for balancing
- Gamepad fixes: correct identification for Xbox & PS4 pads and support for Logitec gamepads
- Localization updates to improve text
- Regional keyboard support
- Blocker bugs fixed: quest and UI/menu related.
- Resolution and aspect ratio issues have been greatly improved
- Performance: major improvements to the game’s FPS across all machine specs. Players should see noticeable differences to how the game runs.
- Various collision and navigation fixes
- Bug: Skidoo collision issues fixed
The two biggest issues reported on launch were controls and load times. These were a priority for us and were fixed soon after launch. We’d like to take this opportunity to apologise for them being issue in the first place. It was through having these launch issues that we decided we needed to add some extra content alongside the fixes and tweaks: a small way of apologising/thanking our early supporters.
So, V2.0 brings with it some new additions…
- Expert mode: a new way to play for seasoned players (or hardcore newcomers). Something we discussed in the early days of the project was the idea of ‘permadeath’. We decided against it because it felt at odds with the length of the game – feeling players might be frustrated with having to restart after many hours of gameplay – but we now have an opportunity to add this as an extra mode. It’s a true survival experience where you’re tasked with making it through 30 days without dying. Unlike the standard mode, you won’t be able to resume from your last save point if Jacob is killed. Note: a new achievement has also been added specifically.
- Steam trading cards are now a real thing.
Well, the team here are hard at work on the console versions of the game, and of course, we’ll continue to support the PC version via future updates.
Once again, we’d like to apologise for our launch issues and thank you for your support and feedback.
The Mojo Bones Team xxx